10 Jun Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Posted at 16:50h in Uncategorized
Who doesn’t want to get up to $9,600 in tax credit just for hiring an employee?
That’s exactly what the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) can do for you!
WOTC is a federal tax credit available to employers who hire individuals who face significant barriers to employment.
There are several areas of eligibility. They include:
- Individuals receiving Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) for any 9 months during the 18-month period ending on the hire date
- Designated community resident (There are currently no designated zones in NC.)
- Vocational Rehabilitation – individual with a physical or mental disability who was referred by an official rehabilitation agency
- Summer Youth Employee – must be between 16-18 years of age and live in a designated zone
- SNAP recipient
- SSI recipient
- Long-term family assistance recipient
- Qualified long-term unemployment recipient
Our clients can set up their onboarding wizard to ask each new hire the necessary questions. Then, either print and send the forms or submit them directly from the system.
If you are not a client, you can find more information on the IRS website.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Just give us a call! We would love to help you get your WOTC!
Call today at 704-895-0777